Operating in the spirit that ‘anyone can dance’, each semester sees 9 troupes of dancers train hard and rehearse a choreographed routine that will be showcased at a public performance in front of an enthusiastic and demonstrative audience of family and friends.
Body Electric Dance is structured into two semesters, with each resulting in a spectacular performance. The classes are jazz based at a beginner/intermediate level. The performances are a frenzy of pulse, rhythm and flair in which the dancers proudly present their show-stopping routines of finely tuned moves in extravagantly designed costumes.
Choreographer and principal teacher Jade Duffy transforms the students into pirouetting, body rolling, jazz dancing extraordinaires. “We’re mainly a bunch of show- offs”, says one dancer in good–humour. What makes Body Electric so special is that you don’t have to be a professional dancer – anyone can participate.”
With an all-encompassing philosophy of dance fun, the popularity of the Body Electric stems from its ability to captivate and embrace people’s desire and passion to move and express themselves like never before.
- Jazz based adult classes are beginner/intermediate level
- Offered as a semester booking
- All classes are subject to availability
- Mondays 6.15pm & 8.00pm
- Tuesdays 6.15pm & 8.00pm
- Wednesdays 6.15pm & 8.00pm
- Thursdays 6.15pm & 8.00pm
- Saturdays 1:00pm-2:30pm
- Term 2: Taking Enrolments late July
- Semester: commencing Saturday 28th July – Thursday 13th December (19 weeks of dance classes)
- Performance: Saturday 15th December 2018
- Venue: FORUM MELBOURNE
- Class times: 6:15 pm Mon-Thu and 8:00pm Mon-Thu & Saturdays 1:00pm-2:30pm